Soon, my pretties, soon… my Green City Market purchases won’t be predominantly dairy.
This little Michigan lake house is basically all I want from life.
via @nicole_franzen Instagram
Graze Tropical Daiquiri (pineapple, lime infused raisins and green mango)
Best Graze snack ever or best Graze snack ever?
Bourbon and red wine. I’m sure that ends well.
Dinner last night: tapas style!
- Avec’s chorizo-stuffed medjool dates with smoked bacon and piquillo pepper-tomato sauce. You can buy the genuine article at Publican Quality Meats. I don’t even want to TELL you how affordable they are because I want them to be there when I go next. I will be passing these off as homemade at events all summer long.
- 2012 Avinyó “Vi d’Agulla” This was in this month’s 6 for $60-something sampler at Perman Wine Selections. I opened this thinking it was a nice Spanish white… but, surprise, it was a scrumptious cava. That bottle is now in our recycling bin.
- Roasted asparagus with lemon zest and manchego
Spring and summer and spikes and statement
Best eats in Chicago right now:
- Garlic ramp pasta and uni butter knobs from Pasta Puttana (hat tip to Emily)
- Leeks with romesco sauce from Ada Street (the sous chef remembered how much I loved that romesco from a year ago and sent over a plate gratis on Friday. The secret: marcona almonds.)
- Potato garlic pizzetta with sweet pea puree from Floriole Bakery
- Omakase menu at Kai Zan. Tony and I dined at this oh-so-tiny gem on Saturday to celebrate our fourth anniversary. Service was exceedingly generous (I had at least ten dishes of inventive, attractive sushi) and BYOB. Just right for a special occasion date.
Albert Adrià’s new Barcelona restaurant, Pakta, features Peruvian/Japanese cuisine in a small space dominated by loom-like design. Really clever.
(Image via - NYT certainly has the lockdown on sharing/saving/pinning their images)
The John Wayne
Little Green Cars • The John Wayne
Little Green Cars - The John Wayne
Harmonies! Lyrics for sad times but still some rock-out bits!
It’s easy to fall in love
It’s easy to be alone
It’s easy to hate yourself
When all your love is inside someone else
It’s easy to take it all
It’s easy to give it to
When there’s more people out there to love
Than people who love you